The best way to create PostgreSQL database backups is to use the backup tool like SQLBackupAndFTP. All PostgreSQL users knew that to protect your databases from the disaster you need to make regular PostgreSQL backups. With the help of SQLBackupAndFTP, you can create a backup schedule according to which the backups will be performed and select a place where to store your backups.
SQLBackupAndFTP Backup Tool
Follow these simple steps and create a backup job with the help of SQLBackupAndFTP backup tool.
- After you have downloaded and installed the backup tool, connect to your PostgreSQL Server
- Choose all database which you are going to backup from the list
- Now add a backup destination. To do it click on the “plus” button at the “Store backups in selected destinations” and select a destination place from the list. You can store your PostgreSQL database backups which you have made with the help of backup tool at the following destinations: Local/Network Folder/NAS, FTP Server, Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Azure Storage, OneDrive for Business, Backblaze B2, and Yandex Disk.
- After you have selected backup destination places it’s time to create a backup schedule. To do it turn on the scheduler at the “Schedule backups” section and press at the “gear” button to find the advanced backup schedule settings.
- That is all. The backup job which will make PostgreSQL database backups with the help of backup tool is ready and the backups will be performed according to the schedule. If you need to perform a PostgreSQL backup immediately – press “Run Now”.
That is all, your first SQLBackupAndFTP backup job is ready. Now all backups will be made according to the schedule and then the backup tool will send them to the specified destination place. As you can see all backup job settings takes about two minutes.