Nowadays more and more users prefer to store their PostgreSQL backups in the clouds. There are many ways of sending them, lest’s say to Dropbox, but is your method convenient and simple enough? Anyway, using SQLBackupAndFTP you can perform PostgreSQL backup and send it to Dropbox in just a few minutes.
How to Backup PostgreSQL to Dropbox
After completing these simple steps you will be able to create a backup job which will make backups according to your schedule and send them to Dropbox automatically.
- Launch SQLBackupAndFTP and set the connection to your PostgreSQL Server
- Tick databases which you are going to backup from the list that can be founded by clicking the “gear” button at the “Select databases” section.
- Choose Dropbox as a destination place for your backup by clicking the “plus” icon at the “Store backups in selected destinations” and establish the connection to your Dropbox.
- Now it’s time to create a backup schedule. To do it turn on backup scheduler at the “Schedule backups” section and click the “gear” button to fin the advanced backup schedule settings.
- That’s it, the backup job is created, and now your backups will be performed according to your schedule. To run a backup immediately click on the “Run Now” button.