It’s well known that you can make PostgreSQL database backup with the help of pg_dump utility. From the one hand, it is really easy, but from another, you can not make your backups regularly. To create scheduled database backups you can use SQLBackupAndFTP, it also uses pg_dump and includes a lot of useful features which make your life easier. Assume you need to make PostgreSQL database backup twice a day and send them to Google Drive, how are you going to do it? You can do it in a few simple steps using SQLBackupAndFTP utility.
Backup PostgreSQL to Google Drive
- After you have downloaded and installed SQLBackupAndFTP please set the connection to your PostgreSQL Server. To do it please click on the “gear” button and add the needed settings.
- Now you need to choose databases which you are going to backup to Google Drive. To do it tick the required databases from the list which can be founded by clicking the “gear” button at the “Select databases” section.
- Then you need to choose the database backup destination. Simply click the “plus” icon and at the “Store backups in selected destinations” section and choose Google Drive. Establish the connection and save the setting.
- Now let’s create PostgreSQL database backup schedule, to do it turn on the scheduler at the “Schedule backups” section, to find the advanced backup settings click the gear button.
- That is all. Now everything is set to make schedule PostgreSQL database backups and send them to Google Drive automatically. Also, you can click “Run Now” to start PostgreSQL backup immediately.