One of the most common ways how to make PostgreSQL database backup is to use pg_dump utility. But is it the best way how to make backups according to your schedule and then send them to the specified destination? With the help of SQLBackupAndFTP, you can create a backup job which will make scheduled backups and then send them to Local or Network Folder.
How to backup PostgreSQL to Local or Network Folder
Pass these simple steps to create a backup job, which will make PostgreSQL backups according to your schedule and then sent backups to your Local or Network Folder.
- After you have downloaded and installed SQLBackupAndFTP run it and set a connection to your PostgreSQL Server at the “Connect to Database Server” section.
- Click on the “gear” button at the “Select databases” section and choose all databases which you are going to backup from the list.
- To choose a backup destination click on the “plus” icon at the “Store backups in selected destinations” section and choose “Local/Network Folder/NAS” from the drop-down list. Choose the folder where you prefer to store your backups and save the settings.
- To create a backup schedule go at the “Schedule backups” section and turn on the scheduler, press the “gear” button to find the advanced backup schedule settings.
- Now everything is ready and your PostgreSQL backups will be performed according to the set schedule, or you can run a backup immediately by clicking “Run Now”.