Sql Backup And FTP

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register
"Can't match logical files: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Options · View
TDA
#1 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 2:11:34 PM

Groups: Registered

I get "Can't match logical files: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when restoring to SQL Server 2014 Express

Am attempting to create a database as per instructions on this page

http://www.sourcecodeste...-management-system.html

(instructions from bottom of page copied below)

follow the direction.

1. First download this software from http://sqlbackupandftp.com/restore/

2. install the software

3. Now create a Database "masterHMS", just database, no need table or field

4. Now rename the "bak.gs" to "gs.bak"

5. Restore the gs.bak file by new installed software (source file: "gs.bak", Target database: "masterHMS"

6. change the connection string.

TIA for any assistence on this
TDA
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:56:15 AM

Well, after looking through all of the answers to other errors (there were none with this specific issue), I tried copying the .BAK file from a subfolder of 'my documents'to the C;\, and then I got past where I was stuck to not being able to load a MS SQL Server 2008 db to MS SQL Server 2014.

So I copyed the .BAK to the c:\ root of an older computer that had MS SQL Server 2008 on it (and downloaded 1 click SQL restore tool to it) and it loaded the db fine.

Now I just have to figure out how to migrate the MS SQL Server 2008 db to MS SQL Server 2014. Looks like it would be easy if this weren't the 'Express' version (express forces you to upgrade to write the data), but I'm sure there's a workaround. If anyone knows that off the top of their head, feel free to say, meanwhile I'll work on it.

Just thought I'd bring this issue up to date, in case someone else has the Original post issue
TDA
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:10:00 PM

From my previous post

'Now I just have to figure out how to migrate the MS SQL Server 2008 db to MS SQL Server 2014. Looks like it would be easy if this weren't the 'Express' version (express forces you to upgrade to write the data), but I'm sure there's a workaround. If anyone knows that off the top of their head, feel free to say, meanwhile I'll work on it.'

I accomplished this using SQLBackupAndFTP (larger tool than what I had started with 'one click SQL Restore)

Problem solved

Nice tool
alexs
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:25:12 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Great news! Thank you for the report!
bradnywells
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:44:19 AM

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. exactly what it says, you are trying to use a null object as if it was a properly referenced object. Most of the time, when you try to assing value into object, and if the value is null, then this kind of exception occur. NullReferenceException indicates that you are trying to access member fields, or function types, on an object reference that points to null. That means the reference to an Object which is not initialized.

Wells
Alexander Omelchenko
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:57:21 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of One-Click SQL Restore.