I restore not only full, but also differential backups?
No. Only Full. Use RESTORE
for diff backup restore.
I need other options: transaction log restore, file restore, snapshot, restart, etc?
One-Click SQL Restore should be used in simple scenarios only.
Do you overwrite the files when restoring to another database?
When restoring a backup from database X to database Y, we use "MOVE" option so Y files get overwritten.
Most common errors are "The media family on device .. is incorrectly formed", "RESTORE HEADERONLY is terminating abnormally",
"The backup of the system database on device .. cannot be restored because it was created by a different version of the server"
- they all occur when you try to restore to an older SQL server. You can NOT restore backups from a newer SQL version to an older
- the formats of (Microsoft) backup files are different.
Does it have Command Line Interface?
SqlRestore <backup file (.bak or .zip)> [options]
- -run - runs the program in automatic (console) mode
- -db <target database> - a target database where the backup file will be restored to
- -srv <QL Server name> - SQL Server instance name
- -usr <SQL Server user name> - SQL Server user name (if not specified, then Windows Authentication will be used)
- -pwd <user password> - SQL Server user password (if not specified, then emptypassword will be used)
- -help or -? - shows this help
Do you guarantee the safety of the data?
No (nobody would). Under no circumstances we accept any responsibility for the use and performance of this program.
It is provided to you "AS IS" - use at you own risk (see EULA
In general, database backup and restore operations should only be handled by a person who knows what he is doing.
It is very easy to overwrite an existing database and loose the data. If in any doubt - don't do it yourself,
find a professional that could help.
What license is it under?
It is a freeware
- free of charge even for commercial use, you can install it on any number of systems, you will not have
any proprietary rights, you can distribute it as long as you don't make money, you can not make it part of your program.
See full freeware license
Where can I get support?
Only through the forum
Please DO NOT email us for One-Click SQL Restore support - emails will be unanswered. It is a free product.